Are you interested in a career in Real Estate? Give us a call! We would love to meet with you and discuss any questions you may have. Here are a few important things to know:
Real Estate is a great career for someone that is self motivated. It is also constantly changing so you will be required to do yearly continuing education to keep up with the latest information.
The Department of Licensing requires 90-clock hours of classes, before you take the test to become a licensed Real Estate Broker. There are several schools online that can help you with this. We like www.realestateschool.org. If you decide to go through them; call us first as we may be able to get you a discounted price for the schooling.*
A Designated Broker, like EverStar Realty, then accepts your new license.
A Real Estate Broker is self-employed under the supervision of a Designated Broker.
Your day will vary based on where you are at in the process. You do have the ability to decide what work hours you want to work - but know that most people have jobs and will need to contact you after "regular" work hours.
To qualify for a broker's license (to become a Realtor®) you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete 90 hours of approved real estate education within 2 years before applying for the exam. This education must include:
- A 60-hour course in Real Estate Fundamentals.
- A 30-hour course in Real Estate Practices.
- We recommend Washington Real Estate School. Cost $299 - $329 depending on which package you choose. This is for Washington Real Estate Fundamentals 60 hours and Washington Real Estate Practices 30 hours. Contact us first. They offer a discount through us. *
- For a list of other approved real estate education sources, see the Real Estate Education Course Catalog
- Pass the broker’s exam. Cost $138.25.
- First License to the State of WA. Cost $146.25plus $35.25 fingerprint processing = $181.50
- Join the Tri-City Association of REALTORS, WA Association of REALTORS together with National Association of REALTORS. Cost $742.00 a year.
- Get Fingerprinted - fee varies - we recommend Pasco since it is cheaper.
Initial costs beyond that will vary depending on which brokerage you choose to work with. We would be glad to go over what we offer compared to other ones locally.
If you are still interested, would like to know more, or have any questions - feel free to give me a call and we can set up a time to meet and go over any questions you may have.
Gayle Stack, Owner/Designated Broker
1920 N. Pittsburgh St., Suite A
Kennewick, WA 99336